Bio-Rama

Bio-Rama
-Thanks to Lizzy for creating the Bio-Rama page and letting me post my own OC Jodi Harte :) Click on the image to visit Bio-Rama!

Sunday, 11 September 2011

Derek's Book Signing

Oh. My. Golden. God.

That was amazing.

I went to Bluewater (got stuck in traffic... took two hours to get there) and queued for about two and a half hours, but it was so worth it. My Dad kept my little brother and sister entertained while I was in the queue, but he kept asking me things like 'do you want a drink? or food? or something?'
And I just kept saying 'no! I'm not leaving this queue.'
'But I can stand here while you-'
'No.'
'I-'
'No.'
So that was cool. I talked a little to the boy in front of me who had only just started reading it (i was like... come on. I had finished it the day after it came out. Jeeze.) but then his friend came along with his Mom and Sister, and dear lord, I just can't listen to a Mother yell at her child for two hours okay? So I put my earbuds in and re read all the fan-pieces that you guys submitted while I was waiting :D
Ooooookay. Then I was at the front. I had the folder in my hands and the Death Bringer book and I was so freakin' excited. And then it was my turn, the woman (I think it's his agent or manager or something that sticks with him through the signings? I don't know. She was there when I met him last year in MK too)said 'This is Juliet', and ushered me over. When he was in the middle of signing my book, I ended up blurting out 'I'm Lenka,' really quickly, and he just sort of looked at me and smiled and held out his hand to shake. 'I met you last year too.'
And he remembered me! I was so wow-ed. I was just beaming, and then I gave him the folder. I told him I had collected up four fanficitions and one poem to give to him, since I knew that some people from the Blogs lived in America and Austrailia and wouldn't be able to give their work too him this year.
And then he HUGGED ME.
He thanked me for it, and then Derek asked 'Who's work have you got in here?'
'There's mine, Hellboy's Kallista's, Octa's and Thalia's.'
'Do you know what, I actually remember every single one of them from Blogspot.'
(Guuuuuuuys! Derek Landy knows you all!)
But then, the staff were getting very 'hurry up' 'move on' 'shove off' like, so Derek took the folder, I took my book, thanked him again and then let the next person have their turn.
I'm still sat here like 'i got a hug. a HUG.' I mean, the kid in front of me didn't get a hug, or the one before that! It was just perfect. Hopefully you'll all get the chance to meet Derek soon as well! :)

EDIT: sorry! Forgot to mention that yes, I did get a picture taken! Derek got everyone to pose with him where your hand is kind of on your chin like you're halfway through stroking your imaginary beard? Yeah. Like that :P

20 comments:

  1. Oh my God, that is AWESOME Lenka! I'm glad you had so much fun! It's awesome that Derek remembered you and that you got a hug and a picture!

    Once again, thank you so much for giving mine and other's work to Derek. It really means a lot!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. :DDD That sounds so awesome xD

    I can't stop smiling....you must of had an epic time!

    And :O He remembers you. And Kallista. And Octa. And Thalia. And even me xDDDDDDD :OO :D

    :D Can't stop...smiling :) so damn elated... :)))

    Any chance of you posting your piece of writing? ;)

    Can't believe he remembered us ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. *explodes*

    OMG LENKAAA! YOU...MET THE...GOLDEN GOD...! I'D CHEER FOR YOU...BUT I'M TRYING TO NOT TO CURRENTLY...BECAUSE I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO BE AWAKE...AND I'M KIND OF WEEZING AND CHOKING INTO MY PILLOW INSTEAD!!!

    *gives Lenka a million hugs*

    WAY TO GO!!!!!

    XD

    *explodes again*

    ReplyDelete
  4. LENKA!!! LENKA! LENKA !!! LENKA!!!! LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENKA!!!!!

    SO EPICA!
    FTW!
    I'm so glad you got to meet Derek!
    *screams*

    *hugs her*
    You are so AWESOME!!!!
    I'm so EXCITED!!! Thanks you for droping off our writings !!!
    YOU WONDERFUL GIRL YOU!
    YAY!
    *throws purple confetti everywhere*

    Thank you Lenka!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *hands butterbeer over* You deserve this. Thanks heap's :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU AMAZING PERSON YOU!!!!!!!!


    SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

    http://spg-unitedtowrite.blogspot.com/2011/09/plan.html

    A little advertising of Skyril's awesome idea! Go read it!

    *hugs Lenka*

    GLAD YOU MET DEREK AND HE RECOGNIZES ALL OF US!!!!

    THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my golden god. Exactly how to describe my feelings, lenka. *mutters* as if he'll come to Singapore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *pokes Lenka a couple times*

    HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!
    Just dropping by to make sure you will remeber me.
    :D
    *mushes face against her computer screen*

    *hugs*


    OK! *gotta go!
    *salutes and dashes madly out the door*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Lenka!

    Did you, by any chance, give Derek an email address/letter? Because I did (I'm sure you've read them) and, well...He hasn't responded or anything...

    It's been about a week and a half, and you'd surely expect him to at least blog about it... It would be good to see what he thinks about our fanfics+poems.


    On another note...I finished my fanfic xDDD

    I tied in the posting with the 50th post of my blog as well.... :D Wanna down there and check it?

    http://susurrusofstories.blogspot.com/2011/09/50th-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Lenka!
    *hugs*
    Just a warning. If you don't come on soon I'm gonna start spamming you!
    >;P
    LOL
    I have the second part of my Purple Roses story done and you are in it of course! :D
    You don't have to read it right away or anything. I know you are busy. But I hope you make it there soon and I hope you enjoy it.
    I have read Hellboys fanfic ending and was completely blown out of the water! It is so epicly awesome! I could not say in my comments to him what I really thought cause it would contain spoilers. But I was so frikken AMAZED and delighted! What a way to end a story!
    :D
    Skyril and anothe rgirl LEgolas started an awesome blog that most SP gang members are now part off.
    I haveteh link to the 1st post. It explains very well what it is all about. I hope you make it there to check it out. :D
    Lenka. You are one of the best people here aso we hope you come visit us again soon.
    (also hope to read more of your exciting stories. SUch a treat that I look forward too)
    Until I see you again Lenka, take care and be happy!
    *hugs*
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. When we reach five thousand views, I reckon you should swing by the xat chat for a couple of days, at least :P

    Or, you know, you could do it now ^^

    http://xat.com/chat/room/146341296/?p=0&ss=10000

    ReplyDelete
  12. *grumbles*
    I think Lenka should come NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!

    *hugs and noogies Lenka*

    I stop by nearly everyday to see if she has been by. So far no Lenka sightings reported. Nuts. :/

    Hope everything is on mydear friend! :D
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL I meant I hope everything is OK. :P


    *whispers as she looks around shiftily* Typos are all Hellboy's fault!

    REG


    *dashes away madly*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lenka, I'm sorry we haven't been on often -.- Things are a bit hectic for me right now, and Kal has enough of her own trouble *glares at typos*

    I haven't been able to keep up my idea of the pageviews thing but in all honesty- do we really need that to get you to come on? Can you please just come back?
    You don't know how much of us miss you. And we really are great at talking to people and making them feel better...I don't know :/ I'm close to grabbing at straws, you know that? I don't know how else to get you back on. I don't even know why you won't in the first place :(

    *hugs* I hope to talk soon,

    Hell

    ReplyDelete
  15. I PROMISE I will not noogie you for the 1st five minuts if ya comeon Lenka!
    I do have a HUGE favor to ask of you. I imagine you are SUPER busy and all. Was wondering though, could you come on her Nov. 14? :D It's me birthdya and I would love to have all my epica friends on here.
    *goves Lenka super mega hugs where ever she it*
    There is more where those came from my friend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, I haven't left you a comment in almost two months, dear Lenka! I do believe it's time for that to change.

    A lot of people miss you here on Blogland. Hell, I've only spoken to you a couple of times, but I know just how awesome you are, and I miss you tons. So everyone who knows you better then I do will miss you even more! That is my logic.

    And it's really, honestly true.

    I hope to see you on more soon. Even if I don't personally get to chat with you, I'd like to hear from people like Hellboy and Kal that you've been around!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  17. *hugs LEnka*
    I know I have not left a lot of messeges for youlately Lenka. I'm sorry about that. I have a horrid comp that makes it hard to do much so usually hang with a few people on chat. Internet then freezes on me and I have to restart the computer. :P Very frustrating.
    ANyhow, it would be lovely to hear from you. You are one of the people who brings a smile to my face. Hope you are doing ok. :D
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  18. You didn't come to Kal's bday :(

    Where are you, Lenka?

    ReplyDelete
  19. http://susurrusofstories.blogspot.com/2011/11/to-fallen.html

    Don't become a Fallen now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LENKA! Just droping by to say HI!
    SOmetime yo uhave to come and check out my poetry. Octa and some others got me into it. I'm learning all sorts of thing.s It's so much fun!
    Drop by te hchat som etime and tell me how yo uare doing!
    Love ya Lenka!
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete