Bio-Rama

Bio-Rama
-Thanks to Lizzy for creating the Bio-Rama page and letting me post my own OC Jodi Harte :) Click on the image to visit Bio-Rama!

Friday, 21 September 2012

News and Stuff Post

FIRSTLY - thank you so so much to Octa, Pyro, Chan, Ven and Robin for just talking to me and whathaveyou at the book signing. Whether you were sat with me for five minutes or two hours makes no difference to me, so thank you. Thankyouthankyouthankyou.

Octa wrote an awesome summary here (complete with pictures too) that is better than what I could write for the day, so you should check that out if you want a more in-depth post about it.

Secondly - I got my braces off on Wednesday! I don't know if anyone else has had them or still has them or is going to get them, but I'm sure you can all imagine how happy I was to get them off. (I mean... it's wire. And metal. That is GLUED TO YOUR TEETH TO MAKE THEM MOVE. It's certainly not pleasant). I now have my retainers, which are weird, but they're better than braces. That's for sure.

Thirdly - I AM in the middle of a story! It's not another chapter of Broken Glass* but it IS a prequel type of thing. It's probably going to be very short though, maybe only a one shot (one chapter? one post? *shrug*) but I'm having fun writing and editing it as I go. I don't know when it'll be up though, since I have seven pieces of homework to complete for next week. I also have another fanfic that you would have needed to of read SP: Kingdom of the Wicked for, and due to this, I'll probably post it when I think a majority of people have read it.

*Reason why this fic won't be another chapter of Broken Glass - I'm unsure on what to do. I know where the plot is going, and I know how it's supposed to end, but... okay, let me explain: In that story, most of the characters are based on people in blogland, right? However, some of the people who are friends with one another in my story are now not-friends on the blogs, and I'm not sure how comfortable people would be reading a fic that incorporates them being best friends with someone they don't... um... like that much anymore. It feels weird writing it, too. Because I'm sat there typing it, knowing it's likely that the people whose characters I'm using won't like it, and that makes it more diffcult to write.

Anyway: I hope you're all getting less work than I keep getting given! DFTBA <3

6 comments:

  1. *resists the urge to play with Lenka's hair*

    YAAAYYYYY~! Getting your braces off is the best thing in the world! and that's certainly saying something, because when I got them off, I only had them on for a year. :O But anyhow. Retainers suck too. Your tongue- it has nowhere- to- goooooo! *dies*

    But about the writing- I mean, it's your choice. You're the writer- you're in control. They DID give you their word to use their characters. You can do anything you want with them in the Broken Glass story line. However, for other stories, you'd have to ask them again. I don't really know why that's the way it is. But my Dad's a lawyer. You pick up stuff (seriously. one time when I was talking to someone I started spurting out information about divorce legal document verifications. I kid you not)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *holds out hair for Mar to play with*

      Yes it is! Yeah, I had mine for about a year as well, and I was so happy to finally get them off. Luckily I only have to put my retainer in at night now though! It was so annoying in the first week, having to wear it all the time, 'cause like you said - your tongue just feels like it doesn't fit!

      That's good to know. Thanks :D (My Dad works on the police force, so I get what cha mean! I'm always able to recite some kind of profession document to my friends in typically normal conversations xD)

      Delete
  2. *hugs Lenka and urges Mar to go ahead and play in Lenka's hair*


    Glad you had a wonderful time Lenka. I love that so many epica people got to meet one anonther. SOmeday I will meet you all too! YAY!
    You are a fantastic writer and I know what ever you write, it will be perfect! I look forward to readign another Lenak story soon! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you will! And then everyone will look at us strangely as we can finally throw marshmellows at each other IN REAL LIFE! *happy dances*

      Delete
  3. My summary of the day was terrible :P

    But I'm glad you like it.

    It was awesome.

    I had braces a few years ago. And soon I will be finished with my retainers (I forgot to wear them a lot of the time and my teeth are kinda crooked again :P Only a smidgen though.)

    I have I don't even know how much work.

    But I'll manage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it was really good! Thanks for the pictures, by the way :)

      Homework sucks, right? I have about six pieces due in next week... dear lord. School is terrible.

      Delete